Cut 2 good-sized slices of bacon into dice and fry to a crisp brown. Cut ½ an onion very small and fry in the pan with the bacon for 2 minutes. Next, pour into the pan a cup of weak vinegar. Salt to taste, and when it boils pour over a pan of lettuce that has been cleaned and torn into bits.
Serve in about 2 minutes.
This is strictly a German dish and some persons do not like it. You may use the outside leaves of lettuce for it, discarding the tough parts, and save the hearts for a salad with French dressing.
The addition of a few celery stalks, cut up fine, improves this dish for those who like that flavoring.
Incoming search terms:
- Wilted Lettuce Recipe Old-Fashioned
- wilted lettuce recipe old fashioned
- old fashioned wilted lettuce recipe
- Old-Fashioned Wilted Lettuce
- Old-Fashioned Wilted Lettuce Recipe